We are really proud to offer a serious update to RubyWantAds.com. Thanks for your support and participation over the years. In our 11th year, we recognized there were a lot of technical improvements, as well as improvements in how we organized the site to serve both buyers and sellers better. We hope it will prove to be a better way to sell your items and find the perfect thing or event. It looks a lot different. Here are a few tips to get around quickly.
Organized by Categories:
- Everyone who posts an ad will be asked for a series of categories to figure out where their item should go
- You can post to Sell or Buy, Rent/Lease, if something is Lost/Found, an Event or a Job.
- To help you find your way around, the category and filter bar is always along the left of the screen
- Because we asked more questions when a user posts, you can use the filter section to more quickly find your item at the right price or the right place.
- We’ve added a whole new Commercial Real Estate category for our realtor friends with more property dimensions so they can present their properties better and you can find the place you need faster.
- Personally, I’m really thrilled with the Community Buzz. You can post your own events to promote your organization and programs for free! Here are instructions to load your next event in Community Buzz.
- All users were asked to create a new password to login. You should get an email “Subject: Reset Password of RubyWantAds.com“
- If you didn’t get an email and you’re a regular user, use the “My Account” button in the upper right corner, and click on the “Forgot Password” link. It will email you a link to reset your password.
- If you’re still having trouble, we can generate a new one for you. Just email email@example.com with your username and I’ll send you a new one.
- Because passwords represent a privacy risk, we as the site owners never see them. Having you reset isn’t just to annoy you, it’s so everyone establishes a new password in this more secure environment.
- On the ads, we don’t show your address or have maps based on your account info. If you choose to list your address in the ad, that’s up to you.
- We have new filters to keep out scammers. A few will always get through so use your critical thinking skills to evaluate if a deal is too good to be true. There is a Report Abuse button on every ad so you can send a note right to the Admin about a suspicious poster.
Better Image Management:
- A big complaint we heard a lot about the other site was that the image editor was hard to use. We heard you!
- This image loader is very simple to upload images to from your computer or your phone.
- With a quick click to Edit, you can easily rotate the image so your item is right-side up and hopefully sells more quickly.
- You can even add a description of each image if you want.
- You can learn more about how to make the most of images to sell your items here.
We genuinely hope you like the site and its new features. Please Contact Us with ideas and suggestions.