This document describes the terms and conditions on which Ruby Want Ads offers a Member ("You") access to our services. If you have questions that are not addressed in this agreement, please contact us.
Please read this agreement carefully.
Acceptance of Terms
By completing the sign-up process, you agree to the terms of this Member Agreement, and to abide by the other terms, policies, procedures, and guidelines on Ruby Want Ads. Ruby Want Ads may amend these terms from time to time. If you do not agree to the changes, you must request that your account be closed. Your continued use of our service will signify your acceptance of the updated terms.
Ruby Want Ads Is Only a Venue
Ruby Want Ads acts as a matching service for Members to locate people to buy, sell, and negotiate the exchange of goods and services. We do not own or handle any of the goods and services listed on the site. As a result, we cannot verify or endorse the quality, safety, or legality of the posted advertisements, or the truth or accuracy of the content on our site.
By joining Ruby Want Ads, you warrant that:
- Your supplied email address is a valid means of communication with you, and will remain up-to-date.
- Your supplied contact information is accurate and complete, including but not limited to your month and year of birth, your full name, city, state, and postal code.
- You have not already registered with Ruby Want Ads. In general, only one account per individual and/or business entity may be active at any point in time.
- If you are registering as a business, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.
Ruby Want Ads may, under its sole discretion, terminate any membership account at any time for any reason, including but not limited to our inability to confirm any element of your membership eligibility. Further, your account (including feedback and sign-in name) may not be transferred or sold to another party.
Member Sign-up Names
Ruby Want Ads may, at it sole discretion, change or remove any member sign-up name. Action may be taken on names which:
- Represent any form of contact information (URL, email, phone, etc).
- Represent something other members may consider offensive or inappropriate.
- Cause confusion in our marketplace
Member Obligations and Terms
You are solely responsible for your information, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication. Your information (or content) includes any information you provide to us or other members during the registration, trading, or posting process, in any public message area or through any email feature, including all text descriptions and/or photographs, digital images, or renderings of your items and services. We may take any action with respect to such information we deem necessary or appropriate at our sole discretion if we believe it may create liability for us. You acknowledge that Ruby Want Ads may not pre-screen content, but that Ruby Want Ads and its designees have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, modify, or reorganize any content that is available via the service. In addition, Ruby Want Ads has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our service, at any time and at our sole discretion. Ruby Want Ads reserves the right to change or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, some or all of our services at any time without notice.
- Content. You agree that your information and the content you post on Ruby Want Ads:
- will be true, accurate, and up-to-date;
- will not be fraudulent or involve the sale of stolen items;
- will not violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- will not be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing;
- will not be obscene or contain child pornography;
- will not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
- will not link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that (i) are prohibited under this Agreement or (ii) you do not have a right to link to or include;
- are in accordance with Ruby Want Ads' Classified Ad Guidelines.
- Fees. Unless otherwise stated, all monetary values are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all applicable fees, taxes and duties and for all costs you incur as part of the Ruby Want Ads service. We may, at our sole discretion, change some or all of our services, our Fees and Payments Policy, and/or the fees for our services.
- License. You agree to grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licenseable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright and publicity rights (but no other rights) you have in your posted content, in any media now known or not currently known.
The Trading Process
- Negotiating. Members negotiate with each other through the process of formulating offers and counteroffers. Making an acceptance or confirmation of an acceptance constitutes an obligation for all parties involved to complete the transaction. Acceptances are not retractable except in exceptional circumstances. These circumstances may include, but are not limited to situations where a Member materially changing the description of the item after your offer was made or clear typographical errors, or when you cannot authenticate the identity of a Member involved in the trade.
- Posting. Classifieds are text descriptions, graphics, and/or pictures on Ruby Want Ads' website supplied by you that either (a) describe a good or service you have or provide (b) describe a good or service item you are seeking. You may post either or both of these types of classifieds on Ruby Want Ads' site, provided that you place such classifieds in an appropriate category. Ruby Want Ads is not responsible for the accuracy or content of classifieds. All classifieds are subject to approval based on Ruby Want Ads Classified Ad Guidelines.
- Disputes. Ruby Want Ads is not responsible for resolving disputes between parties.
- System. You agree that you will not use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Ruby Want Ads site or any transaction being conducted on our site. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not disclose or share your Password to any third parties or use your Password for any unauthorized purpose.
- Manipulation. You agree not to use a secondary account or third party to manipulate the outcome of a negotiation with another trader.
- Ratings. You may not take any actions which may undermine the integrity of the ratings system, such as leaving positive ratings for yourself using a secondary member account or third party, leaving negative ratings for other Members using secondary accounts or third parties, or leaving negative ratings if a Member fails to perform some action that is outside the scope of the transaction. If your Member rating is one star or lower, we may suspend your account, and you will no longer be able to participate in transactions.
The Trading System
General Legal Terms
- Our service is provided "as is." We will try very hard to make your experience with Ruby Want Ads a pleasurable one; however, we cannot always foresee or anticipate technical or other difficulties. These difficulties may result in loss of data or other service interruptions. These terms are also noted in our Maintenance & Downtime Policy. For this reason, you agree that Ruby Want Ads' services are provided "as is." We cannot assume responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery, or failure to store any Member data, communications, or personalization settings. WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE RUBY WANT ADS WEBSITE AND OUR SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state.
- Suspension/Termination. We may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, or terminate your membership, any of your current classifieds, and any other information you place on the site if you breach this Agreement or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us. Without limiting any other remedies, Ruby Want Ads may suspend or terminate your account if you are found (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) to have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with our site.
- Limit of liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. OUR LIABILITY, AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR SUPPLIERS, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO US IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (B) $100. Some states do not allow the limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
- General compliance with laws. You shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your negotiations, classified ad, purchase, and sale of items and services.
- No agency. You and Ruby Want Ads are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
- Notices. Except as explicitly stated otherwise, Ruby Want Ads may provide you with notices via email, regular postal mail, or postings on the Ruby Want Ads web site.
- Arbitration. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Nevada, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Either you or Ruby Want Ads may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Nevada necessary to protect rights or property pending the completion of arbitration.
- Jurisdiction and Venue. This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Nevada. You agree that any legal action brought against Ruby Want Ads classifieds, inc. shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada without regard to its conflict of law principles, and that the sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising from your use of Ruby Want Ads shall be an appropriate federal or state court located in the State of Nevada. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Other Agreements. If you and Ruby Want Ads have entered into a separate written agreement that covers your use of Ruby Want Ads, the terms and conditions of such agreement shall control to the extent they are inconsistent with this Member Agreement.