Elko's 911 System Needs Your Help
Author: Lisa | Posted on: May 30, 2016
In Elko County, the 9-1-1 operator can't always identify the location of a caller.
Our emergency system needs a major overhaul. The cost may go as high as $200,000. County officials think it will take at least two years to raise the money.
But how many emergencies will we HAVE in the next two years?
We can solve this problem NOW.
Please donate what you can - $20, $100, even a $5 donation will help the 9-1-1 team save lives. Our community works best when we all work together. Donate to the 9-1-1 fund today.
FACT SHEET – 911 Upgrade Project
- We never know when we will have an emergency, and need to use the 9-1-1 service for car crashes, fire, medical emergency, crimes.
- When you dial that 3-digit number, you NEED emergency service, and you expect it to BE there. Elko County’s 9-1-1 emergency system is outdated.
- In many cases it cannot identify the location of the caller. Even if your phone has a GPS locator system, our 9-1-1 system does not.
- An upgrade is expected to cost $200,000.
- It will take the County at least two years to raise that money. We don’t have to wait two years. We can solve this crisis right now.
- A bank account is now open at Nevada Bank & Trust, corner of 9th and Idaho Street. Just walk in and ask to make a donation to the 9-1-1 emergency upgrade fund.
- ALL of the money you contribute will go directly to the 9-1-1 upgrade project. It won’t be used for anything else. Nobody – not even the bank – will take an administrative fee. Nobody will make a profit on this.
- Think about taking up a collection at work or school.
- RUBY RADIO will support YOUR efforts to raise money for the 9-1-1 upgrade – school or work fundraisers like bake sales, rummage sales or car washes. We will promote them on the air.
- This is TRULY a community project – it could save your life!